incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Rave project
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 23:18:53 GMT
On 24/02/2011 23:11, Troy Howard wrote:
> In my opinion, a reasonable compromise would be to set it as a project
> goal to reduce corporate dependency on the committers list.

I'm really confused where this is coming from. The goal of incubation is
to generate sufficient diversity in contributions to ensure that the
community is viable even with the departure of a number of active parties.

This proposal is coming *into* the incubator with more diversity than is
typically required to graduate (not that I'm suggesting there are
shortcuts for incubation here).

Why on earth is having this diversity being seen as a problem?

Nobody has explained that to me yet and unless someone does so I, as a
mentor, am going to ask the champion to call the vote.

Ross