incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Scott O'Bryan" <>
Subject Re: Voting waiting period
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2011 13:56:45 GMT
Yeah I agree with this.  At MyFaces we typically way the 72 hours, but
for security things or master pom updates which prevent a built, we
often adopt "lazy consensus" type rule and fudge the timeframe with
enough community votes.

I think it's important to keep things flexible because, as much as we
would like everything to fit the same rules, some communities need to
be a bit more dynamic and we need to trust the project PMC's and
members to do what's best for the project and community.

72 hours is a good suggestion, but it shouldn't be mandatory.

My .02..