incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject [VOTE] release deltacloud 0.2.0
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 18:20:30 GMT
Hi all,

I just uploaded a release candidate for Deltacloud 0.2.0. The rc is
available from http://people.apache.org/~lutter/deltacloud/0.2.0/rc2/

Please vote on whether this should become the official 0.2.0 release by
Thursday, 2011-02-17 11:00am PST (Saturday 2011-02-17 19:00 UTC, see
http://bit.ly/e0Q2C5 for other local times)

Overview of the high-level changes in this release:

  * Dynamically select driver through the X-Deltacloud-Driver HTTP header;
    allow passing in driver-specific endpoint with the
    X-Deltacloud-Provider header
  * New 'load_balancers' collection, supported for EC2 and GoGrid
  * Allow creation/deletion of blobs (S3, CloudFiles, Azure)
  * Return HTTP status 405 when trying to perform an action on a instance
    that is not available
  * Drivers
    + EC2
      - security_group and public_ip features for instance creation
      - switched to aws gem
    + GoGrid: now have two hardware profiles
    + RHEV-M: completely rewritten; now uses RHEV-M REST API, not Powershell
    + Mock:
      - support 'keys' collection
      - switch to storage-only driver by setting provider to 'storage'

I will update the website and docs to reflect those changes in time for
the official release.

David