incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ManifoldCF 0.1
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 18:10:14 GMT
On 6 January 2011 18:03, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 January 2011 13:12, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The Apache ManifoldCF community has voted to release our first set of artifacts and
now would like an Incubator vote.  Since this is our first release, extra attention to detail
is appreciated.

>> You can find the artifacts at http://people.apache.org/~kwright/
>
> The md5 hash file has an odd syntax, which makes it harder to use with
> automated checking tools.
>
> apache-manifoldcf-0.1-incubator.zip: A3 3E 0A 9F 58 94 DC 64  F7 B3 ED DB 63 2E
>                                     CB EF
>
> The standard format is
>
> a33e0a9f5894dc64f7b3eddb632ecbef *apache-manifoldcf-0.1-incubator.zip
>
> (upper case hex also valid)

Also, the NOTICE and LICENSE files don't seem to be quite right.

The NOTICE file is for required notices only; so for example there is
no need to mention other ASF projects.

The LICENSE file references JUnit, which does not need to be
distributed, so is not needed in the LICENSE.