incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ManifoldCF 0.1
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 23:26:08 GMT
On 6 January 2011 22:38, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
> We've been using the RAT tool.

In which case it would be helpful to provide the RAT report(s).

> The files without headers are in part
> Microsoft project files, which cannot have headers added without
> breaking them.  Also, we build JSON sources, which are licensed with
> an accepted JSON license that RAT does not recognize.
>
> I've captured a lot of these exceptions in the ant target "rat-sources".
>
> Karl
>
> If you have specific concerns, let's discuss them.

The following sources don't appear to be JSON files, yet they don't
have AL headers:

framework/crawler-ui/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/x.tld
framework/crawler-ui/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/sql.tld
framework/crawler-ui/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/fmt.tld
framework/crawler-ui/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/c.tld
connectors/sharepoint/webservice/Web
References/SPPermissionsService/Reference.map
connectors/sharepoint/webservice/Properties/Settings.settings
connectors/sharepoint/webservice/Properties/AssemblyInfo.cs
connectors/meridio/webservice/Test Harness/source code/TestHarness.cs

AFAICT these are not excluded by the Ant target.

BTW some of the .cs files appear to have BOM markers - not sure
whether that is intentional.

> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 4:03 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just noticed that there are a lot of source files without AL headers.
>> The RAT tool can detect these for you.
>>
>> Also, there should normally be a DISCLAIMER file at the top-level of
>> archives and SVN trees.
>>
>> It's simpler to have this in a separate file, which can then just be
>> deleted upon graduation.
>>
>> On 6 January 2011 13:12, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The Apache ManifoldCF community has voted to release our first set of artifacts
and now would like an Incubator vote.  Since this is our first release, extra attention to
detail is appreciated.