incubator-general mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ManifoldCF 0.1
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 01:26:34 GMT
They were downloaded from the jakarta standard taglibs 1.1.2, from this URL:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_taglibs-standard.cgi

The project was folded into tomcat, but I simply used the tag
libraries from the separately-bundled artifact.  It turns out that the
Apache headers were not on it, however, although it seems very clear
that these *should* have apache headers on them.

I'm happy to just go ahead and do that, unless you think it would be a mistake.

Karl

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 8:13 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 January 2011 23:53, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The .cs files are maintained by Visual Studio and you cannot change
>> the format if you want them to keep working.  Same with the .map file.
>>  I will add them to exclusions for the rat target
>>
>> The .tld's were taken from Apache Tomcat, but did not include Apache
>> headers.  I am not sure what I should do with those, which is why I
>> left them as is.  What is your recommendation?
>
> Depends on the source. If they are ASF files then they should have ASF
> headers in Tomcat and here.
> If not, then they may require entries in NOTICE or LICENSE.
> Probably best to re-check the Tomcat sources, and if there is no
> header, ask why on the Tomcat list.
>
>> Karl

>>> In which case it would be helpful to provide the RAT report(s).

>>> The following sources don't appear to be JSON files, yet they don't
>>> have AL headers:
>>>
>>> framework/crawler-ui/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/x.tld
>>> framework/crawler-ui/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/sql.tld
>>> framework/crawler-ui/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/fmt.tld
>>> framework/crawler-ui/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/c.tld
>>> connectors/sharepoint/webservice/Web
>>> References/SPPermissionsService/Reference.map
>>> connectors/sharepoint/webservice/Properties/Settings.settings
>>> connectors/sharepoint/webservice/Properties/AssemblyInfo.cs
>>> connectors/meridio/webservice/Test Harness/source code/TestHarness.cs
>>>
>>> AFAICT these are not excluded by the Ant target.
>>>
>>> BTW some of the .cs files appear to have BOM markers - not sure
>>> whether that is intentional.

of artifacts and now would like an Incubator vote.  Since this is our first release, extra
attention to detail is appreciated.