incubator-general mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <>
Subject Re: ManifoldCF - jars should not be stored in SVN
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 00:09:08 GMT
We would like to eventually get them out of there, but both Grant and
I agreed early on that it wasn't the highest priority.  If it is
Apache policy, then obviously we'd have to change our minds.

When we attack this, we intend to use ant plus ivy, not Maven.  We
tried Maven and found it was difficult to do some of the things we
needed, and the Kool-aid was a bit much to swallow.

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Benson Margulies <> wrote:
> I'm sure that it isn't a policy. It's a good practice avoiding
> Subversion bloat. There are certainly Apache projects who still have a
> trunk-load of checked-in jars.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message