incubator-general mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ManifoldCF 0.1
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 06:14:59 GMT
The RAT report after these changes looks good except for two files,
which come from the skins in the site:

[rat:report] Unapproved licenses:
[rat:report]
[rat:report]   C:/wip/mcf-release/release-0.1-branch/site/src/documentation/skins/common/xslt/html/split.xsl
[rat:report]   C:/wip/mcf-release/release-0.1-branch/site/src/documentation/skins/lucene/note.txt
[rat:report]
[rat:report] *******************************

One of these looks like it comes from Forrest itself (the first), and
has this header:

<!--
 This stylesheet was taken from the XSLT FAQ http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/

 Comments and adaption to be used without normalize-space()
  by forrest-dev@xml.apache.org
-->

No idea what to do about that one.

The other is merely a "todo" list in the Lucene skin, which I believe
could simply be removed.

Thoughts?
Karl

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 8:26 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
> They were downloaded from the jakarta standard taglibs 1.1.2, from this URL:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_taglibs-standard.cgi
>
> The project was folded into tomcat, but I simply used the tag
> libraries from the separately-bundled artifact.  It turns out that the
> Apache headers were not on it, however, although it seems very clear
> that these *should* have apache headers on them.
>
> I'm happy to just go ahead and do that, unless you think it would be a mistake.
>
> Karl
>
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 8:13 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 6 January 2011 23:53, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The .cs files are maintained by Visual Studio and you cannot change
>>> the format if you want them to keep working.  Same with the .map file.
>>>  I will add them to exclusions for the rat target
>>>
>>> The .tld's were taken from Apache Tomcat, but did not include Apache
>>> headers.  I am not sure what I should do with those, which is why I
>>> left them as is.  What is your recommendation?
>>
>> Depends on the source. If they are ASF files then they should have ASF
>> headers in Tomcat and here.
>> If not, then they may require entries in NOTICE or LICENSE.
>> Probably best to re-check the Tomcat sources, and if there is no
>> header, ask why on the Tomcat list.
>>
>>> Karl

set of artifacts and now would like an Incubator vote.  Since this is our first release,
extra attention to detail is appreciated.