incubator-general mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ManifoldCF 0.1
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 23:53:43 GMT
The .cs files are maintained by Visual Studio and you cannot change
the format if you want them to keep working.  Same with the .map file.
 I will add them to exclusions for the rat target

The .tld's were taken from Apache Tomcat, but did not include Apache
headers.  I am not sure what I should do with those, which is why I
left them as is.  What is your recommendation?

Karl

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 6:26 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 January 2011 22:38, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We've been using the RAT tool.
>
> In which case it would be helpful to provide the RAT report(s).
>
>> The files without headers are in part
>> Microsoft project files, which cannot have headers added without
>> breaking them.  Also, we build JSON sources, which are licensed with
>> an accepted JSON license that RAT does not recognize.
>>
>> I've captured a lot of these exceptions in the ant target "rat-sources".
>>
>> Karl
>>
>> If you have specific concerns, let's discuss them.
>
> The following sources don't appear to be JSON files, yet they don't
> have AL headers:
>
> framework/crawler-ui/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/x.tld
> framework/crawler-ui/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/sql.tld
> framework/crawler-ui/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/fmt.tld
> framework/crawler-ui/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/c.tld
> connectors/sharepoint/webservice/Web
> References/SPPermissionsService/Reference.map
> connectors/sharepoint/webservice/Properties/Settings.settings
> connectors/sharepoint/webservice/Properties/AssemblyInfo.cs
> connectors/meridio/webservice/Test Harness/source code/TestHarness.cs
>
> AFAICT these are not excluded by the Ant target.
>
> BTW some of the .cs files appear to have BOM markers - not sure
> whether that is intentional.
>
>> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 4:03 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Just noticed that there are a lot of source files without AL headers.
>>> The RAT tool can detect these for you.
>>>
>>> Also, there should normally be a DISCLAIMER file at the top-level of
>>> archives and SVN trees.
>>>
>>> It's simpler to have this in a separate file, which can then just be
>>> deleted upon graduation.

and now would like an Incubator vote.  Since this is our first release, extra attention to
detail is appreciated.