incubator-general mailing list archives

From Gabriele Columbro <colum...@gmail.com>
Subject License text needed for dependencies or URL is enough? (was: Re: [VOTE] Apache Chemistry OpenCMIS 0.2.0-incubating (RC1))
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:41:14 GMT
Hi Ant,
first off thanks for taking time for testing this release and giving
us the final and so much needed +1. Will send vote result email right
away.

About licensing concerns, our first release (0.1.0 RC1) was rejected
for this kind of reasons and we *should* have fixed those in 0.1.0-RC2
(as per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS-224).

@IPMC: any comments on whether license URL is fine or the full license
text should be included for dependencies?

I'm also wondering how other projects using the standard Maven Apache
release process deal with this, as our DEPENDENCIES file are generated
according to that logic.

Thanks for any comment!
Gab