incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.2
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 14:25:39 GMT

On Jan 9, 2011, at 5:54 AM, ant elder wrote:

> There's another poddling doing an Incubator release at the moment and
> several reviewers pointed out the requirements on naming and the
> incubation disclaimer text which reminded me to check this. The
> libcloud release needs to include "incubating" in the name and the
> distributions need to include a DISCLAIMER file explaining the its not
> an official Apache project yet, see:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#naming
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html#disclaimers
>
> Other than that this release looks good to me.
>
>   ...ant

Thanks for the feedback, and the changes have been made retroactively for 0.4.2, including
both "incubating" in the filenames and a DISCLAIMER:

http://people.apache.org/~jerry/libcloud-0.4.2/

I trust this will be the last time I edit tags...

Cheers,
Jerry

> On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 5:10 AM, Jerry Chen <jerry@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Test tarballs for Apache Libcloud 0.4.2 are available at:
>>  <http://people.apache.org/~jerry/libcloud-0.4.2/>
>>
>> Please test and place your votes:
>>
>> +/- 1
>> [  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.2
>>
>> Vote closes on Sunday January 9, 2011 at 10pm PST.
>>
>> This release includes the EC2NodeLocations fix to restore backward compatibility
in the EC2 driver, as well as new drivers, improvements to deployment capabilities, and libcloud.security
module for SSL certificate verification.