incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Libcloud 0.4.2 Released!
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 02:43:18 GMT
On 19/01/2011 01:10, Luciano Resende wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Ross Gardler<rgardler@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Have our rules about branding podlings changed?
>>
>> More specifically, is the announcement below in keeping with those rules?
>>
>> Ross

That's the main one, yes. It's also the wording being pretty much
identical to a TLP release announcement.

> Anyway, following the download page, the release artifacts are
> suffixed with "incubating" (apache-libcloud-incubating-0.4.2.zip) and
> they also contain the DISCLAIMER file saying they are under
> incubating.

That's great (the home page doesn't have such a disclaimer, but does
have the incubator logo).

I'm not meaning to pick on Libcloud, I'm just trying to understand where
the lines are drawn.

Ross