incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mohammad Nour El-Din <nour.moham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: November 2010 Incubator Status Report
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:16:02 GMT
Hi all...

   First of all sorry for spreading this on both general@ and board@
cause I didn't know in advance to which ML I should send this e-mail.
I was so excited when I saw my name nominated to be an IPMC member not
the for the IPMC thing itself but for what it indicates that I have
more trust from ASF community.

I just need to know about the status of my acceptance and if there is
anything I can start doing/preparing helping Apache Incubator and ASF
in general as an IPMC member?

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com> wrote:

> There are no issues for the Board.
>
> New PMC Members: Hadrian Zbarcea, Isabel Drost, Siegfried Goeschi, Mohammad
> Nour El-Din (pending his acceptance).  Henning Schmiedehausen has left the
> PMC.
>
> Infrastructure has proposed that the Incubator switch over to the new CMS.
> It seems that early next year will be the timeframe.
>
> The PMC has voted to submit OODT for TLP status.  Congratulations to the
> project.  Kitty, Celix and Stanbol have been voted to start Incubation.
>
>  - Kitty: lightweight Java application server performance diag & admin
> utility
>  - Celix: OSGi-like C implementation with focus on interoperability with
> OSGi
>  - Stanbol: software stack and set of components for semantic content
> management
>
> Jena, a semantic web framework in Java, is currently being discussed.
> Bertrand and other have discussed coordination amongst the semantic content
> projects: Clerezza, Stanbol and Jena.
>
> We also found strong support to start an android-interest mailing list to
> help build a critical mass of developer support for Android-based projects
> at the ASF.
>
> Finally, based on prior discussion with the Board, and the benign results of
> subsequent experiments, the Incubator is discussing looser rules for
> projects to vote on their own Committers.
>
> Missing reports: DeltaCloud, Droids, HISE, Stonehenge, VCL, Wookie
>
>  - Droids appears to have no activity since September.  People asking
> questions are not getting answered.  Perhaps the project should be
> mothballed.
>  - HISE has some activity, although October was quiet.
>  - Stonehenge appears to have been dead since July, when it made a
> milestone release, and is discussing being archived.  There appears to be
> disappointment over the perceived disappearance of Microsoft and WSO2.
>  - VCL appears to be active, with no reason for the lack of a report.
>  - Wookie appears to be active, with no reason for the lack of a report.
>
> An e-mail has already been sent to start the discussion of mothballing or
> otherwise handling these projects.

> = ALOIS =
>
> ALOIS stands for "Advanced Log Data Insight System" and is meant to be a
> fully implemented open source SIEM security information and event management
> system.
>
> ALOIS is incubating since 22nd October 2010.
>
> Things done since October: * Committers user accounts created * Added more
> comments to sourcecode * Added apache license and copyright to sourcecode *
> Uploaded sourcecode to
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/alois/trunk * Released
> unpublished library "libisi" to rubygems (https://rubygems.org/gems/libisi)
> and rubyforge http://rubyforge.org/projects/libisi/
>
> Next steps todo: * Create developer howto (to explain how to get started and
> [...]

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour
- Blog: http://tadabborat.blogspot.com
----