incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dan Peterson <dpeter...@google.com>
Subject Re: [RESULTS][VOTE] Wave accepted into the ASF incubator
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2010 22:43:56 GMT
On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2010, at 8:50 AM, Ralph Goers wrote:

> Chris A. Mattmann, Christian Grobmeier, Davanum Srinivas, Dave Johnson, Doug
> Cutting, Emmanuel Lecharny, Jim Jagielski, Kevan Miller, Luciano Resende,
> Mark Struberg, Michael McCandless, Ralph Goers, Tim Williams, and Upayavira

> Gustavsson, Richard Hall, Santiago Gala, and Vincent Siveton

> people had voted.
> >>
> >> Congrats.... lots of support from all corners.
> >>
> >> Just incase it is a record, long may it stand....  but it may be even
> more than that, I see Paul Lindner name in the list of non members, I
> thought as Shindig PMC Chair he was a member, with me that makes 10, there
> may be others. ? (well done, I thought it was painful counting just ten on a
> release votes)
> >
> > PMC chairs are not automatically ASF members. The easy way to tell is to
> look at http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html. If the person's
> name is in bold then they are an ASF member. It appears Paul is not.
>
> However, I do see Isabel Drost, who is a member, in the list. So your
> assertion that there are probably more is correct.

Ian, Isabel (and anyone else I missed), sorry about that -- I manually
compared the list of voters against
http://apache.org/foundation/members.html
(and http://incubator.apache.org/whoweare.html )

Ralph, your list looks more up to date it seems. To avoid confusion in the
future, I imagine the ASF members page I found could be filled in from the
same list as the committer-index page?

One question related to incubator policy: are ASF member votes meant to be
officially binding for incubator acceptance or is it explicitly restricted
to the IPMC? Paul and I couldn't find a clear answer to that. There is a
mention that the IPMC is responsible for incubator projects, so I could see
it both ways. It wasn't an issue in this case, just wondering what the
policy is for any future potential incubator projects.

-Dan