incubator-general mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release PhotArk M3-incubating (RC1)
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2010 05:46:29 GMT
On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 8:32 AM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Luciano,
> Apologies for the slow review... Things look good, except for one problem, I think...
>
> Source, sigs/checksums, and build all look good.
>
> I don't like the licensing information in photark-webapp-M3-incubating.war
>
> First, note how there are redundant license files in WEB-INF/classes/LICENSE and WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/LICENSE
(I've seen this same problem in another project. Can't remember how it was resolved). Also,
I don't think the LICENSE information (in either file) is accurate. It needs to reflect the
licensing information for the artifacts contained within the .war. However, I don't think
it does...

> IMO, this merits a -1...
>
> --kevan

PhotArk has a binary distribution and it has a LICENSE and NOTICE that
incorporate all the 3rd party dependencies that is available on the
photark war files. The actual war files are not ditributed by itself.
In this case, isn't the LICENSE and NOTICE in the binary distribution
enough ?

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende