incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Basing Apache releases on releases from incubating projects
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 17:43:05 GMT
----- Original Message ----

You're confused about the whole point of releases at Apache.
They aren't necessarily meant to offer any promises about
stability or suitability for a given purpose, they are simply
meant as a means of getting the code out the door in a formal
and responsible way (given that we *are* a corporation).  Too
many projects fail to release alpha and beta quality
code, and that's not the org's, nor the Incubator's, fault.