incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Basing Apache releases on releases from incubating projects
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 16:47:16 GMT
----- Original Message ----

The major issues with liability are always tied up in who releases stuff.  We
aren't all that liable for code we are redistributing from someone else's
release.  But we are liable for releasing code that is only being otherwise
distributed out of our svn repo.

Don't believe the remarks of Niclas and others who live in countries where
all copyright infringement violators are subject to public stonings.  In the
US damages are assessed based on how many times and for what purpose those
infringements are actually done.