incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen Williams <...@lig.net>
Subject Introduction for Stephen D. Williams (sdw)
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 19:52:55 GMT
For the purposes of supporting the about to be proposed EXI incubator project, I'll introduce
myself here:

I have a long background [3] in software development and related activities.  In addition
to IETF (presence/IM) and W3C
(XBC,EXI) participation for many years, I have long (since the mid-80s) used, promoted, and
contributed to open source
projects.  Recently, in addition to OpenEXI, I have been working on a fork of XBig for Java->C++
glue (overdue for release),
creating a new Java PC simulator / visualizer as an applet (NSF grant with a professor at
American University), and created a
new very concise Java Dom/Sax parser (pending license release).  I have also been finding
and working around bugs, limitations,
and Apache software versioning issues for Android development.  At one point I was listed
as a Linux kernel contributor (albeit
for something minor).  I have been a CTO at a few startups, including, briefly, Jabber.com,
Inc.  I'm currently an independent
self-employed consultant (OptimaLogic, Inc.) doing deep Android Java/C++ and Qt/C++ development
involving GUI interface and
complex Oauth-like REST web APIs with crypto, XML, and related technologies.  Other recent
development involves computer vision,
augmented reality, and semantic desktop related information visualization, management, and
sharing.

Thanks,
sdw
--