incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Basing Apache releases on releases from incubating projects
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 18:51:02 GMT
----- Original Message ----

There is a practical difference here between what Geronimo did in their
situation and what say Cassandra did with Thrift pre-release.  Cassandra
didn't work to do any vetting of the Thrift codebase, they just packaged
up a jar rolled from trunk and put it up for inclusion in their release
as an external dependency.  The IPMC approved those releases without ever
ascertaining whether the Thrift codebase in the Cassandra release had
been vetted- and I know for a fact that it wasn't completely right.

That's not a practice I'd like to see condoned going forward.