incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Basing Apache releases on releases from incubating projects
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 19:30:36 GMT
----- Original Message ----

It's all the same org, so I don't see how "they" can take responsibility
for anything.  The whole point of the corporation is to shield people from
liability, not to expose volunteers for taking on responsibility for code they
aren't chartered to be developing and distributing.

Releasing legally-vetted code is an organizational requirement, and a
project's svn trunk is in a constant state of flux.  Releases are the
only distribution points we have that we are reasonably certain about
their legal status.  It should be up to each project to determine what
and when it's appropriate to have their code released.  If a project
isn't performing releases as fast as you'd like, get involved in their
community and help them release it.