incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Boot strapping Android projects @ Apache
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 15:13:57 GMT
About a half dozen or so of us met up at ApacheCon after the lightning talks
to talk briefly about Android @ the ASF.

The proposal is to create an android-interest@i.a.o (we also thought about
@labs, but the general consenus seemed to be the Incubator due to some of
the Labs' restrictions, which we think are good restrictions).

We want to encourage others working on Android-related code to share
experience and existence with their fellow Committers.  For example, did you
know that Felix & Aries already work with Android?  What else does?  What
else should?  Etc.

In other words, we want to provide a gathering point for all of the people
working in isolation -- to provide a meeting place for those intersted in
expanding Android-based activity at the ASF.  It is not so much an umbrella
as a vital nexus, and breeding ground for importing or creating projects,
which would then stand on their own.

	--- Noel