incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Accept Wave for incubation
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:06:46 GMT
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 11:57 PM, Ian Roughley <roughley@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/25/2010 07:35 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> So, I think there's an underlying issue here that hasn't been brought up yet.  And from
the many
> discussion with Dan, I think it's Google's fault :-)

I just want a leveled playing field. If it was required that Yahoo had
to sign off on "Apache Traffic Server" being "OK", I think it is only
fair that we either ask the same thing from Google, or come up with
another name (as instructions were when Traffic Server came up).

> The problem is that "Google Wave" was marketed as both the technology (such as email)
and a product
> (such as Exchange), causing identity issues.  Now, I think we have the same identity
problem with
> the trademark discussion.

Yes, naming sux...

My reservation is noted, I suspect this will be discussed quite a bit,
so let's get going with the vote.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer