incubator-general mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Accept Wave for incubation
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 23:08:00 GMT
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Ian Roughley <> wrote:
> I'd like to add to what Soren said: we've discussed whether we should include the protocol
and the
> implementation of the protocol in the proposal.  What we concluded, is that having everything
> together would be the simplest for the time being... although I don't think anyone in
the discussion
> had *really* strong opinions in either direction.
> From my standpoint (as a Novell employee and part of the Novell Vibe project), I'm very
> in ensuring that the protocol and libraries are licensed in a way that they can be leveraged
> commercial software to allow for interoperability.  I'd also go as far as saying that
it's in
> everyones best interest for this to be the case :-)

A big +1. I think that a very detailed roadmap would be more
suspicious at this stage than having this open mind. There are two
long term issues around: who owns central names, such as Wave, and who
controls long term protocol evolution.

I just thought that this fact should be brought up before the vote.
IMO the situation is allright for accepting the incubation. The issues
will be sorted out at due time.