incubator-general mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Accept Wave for incubation
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 23:08:00 GMT
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Ian Roughley <roughley@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to add to what Soren said: we've discussed whether we should include the protocol
and the
> implementation of the protocol in the proposal.  What we concluded, is that having everything
> together would be the simplest for the time being... although I don't think anyone in
the discussion
> had *really* strong opinions in either direction.
>
> From my standpoint (as a Novell employee and part of the Novell Vibe project), I'm very
interested
> in ensuring that the protocol and libraries are licensed in a way that they can be leveraged
by
> commercial software to allow for interoperability.  I'd also go as far as saying that
it's in
> everyones best interest for this to be the case :-)

A big +1. I think that a very detailed roadmap would be more
suspicious at this stage than having this open mind. There are two
long term issues around: who owns central names, such as Wave, and who
controls long term protocol evolution.

I just thought that this fact should be brought up before the vote.
IMO the situation is allright for accepting the incubation. The issues
will be sorted out at due time.

Regards
Santiago