incubator-general mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] real-time communications
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 18:19:33 GMT
On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Noel J. Bergman <> wrote:
>> The premise of this discussion is that running Apache projects are
>> *permitted* to engage in real-time communications, so long as they
>> take due care to avoid community problems of exclusion and closed
>> decision making.
> Did you see Greg's e-mail?

I very possibly lost one or more messages in the torrent. I seem to
have missed that one. Apologies, benson.

> "Just bring a summary of discussion points back to the list, along with any recommendations.
 The list can then sort through it and make decisions."
> Decisions are not made except on the mailing lists.  If it starts to seem that people
are being excluded from being an effective part of a decision process, curtail or modify the
back-channel communications.
>> We all want strong communities that are inclusive and open. We all recognize that
real-time communications pose risks to that.
> +1
> FWIW, ApacheDS and Geronimo had (possibly still have) *very* active IRC channels (logged)
where people talked in real-time, just as they might at a Hack-a-Thon.