incubator-general mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <>
Subject Re: [ISIS] Re: Conference call
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 14:02:38 GMT
On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Bernd Fondermann
<> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 16:16, Benson Margulies <> wrote:
>> I am nothing if not chronically disingenuous.
>> My first concern in responding here is a process concern. As far as I
>> can tell, the Incubator PMC has not formally voted to forbid the use
>> of real-time communications in podlings. Absent such a vote, the use
>> of these technologies is permitted, and it's up to the mentors to
>> guide, monitor, and ring alarm bells, as needed.
> Concluding that in the absence of a vote everything is allowed is not correct.

I never wrote that 'everything is allowed.' I wrote that it's not
forbidden, and that it's clear that existing projects are using it. I
respect your advice, but I am not going to dictate this to the podling

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message