incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Conference call
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2010 21:43:28 GMT
On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:

> So Skype calls are fine (and I like Craig's list of criteria for
> them), but as far as the ASF is concerned they don't count - anything
> important has to happen on list. Audio transcripts are useless IMO.

Right, the key criteria (IMHO) is the "no decisions are made"
criteria.  We don't want/need "factions" of people getting together
off-list which will guide the project.  The user community needs to
have the opportunity to be involved in the discussions.  The reason I
objected was that the suggestion was made that we set up a
regularly-scheduled skype call for this stuff.  Not a good idea.