incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Poddling new committer process
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 09:32:42 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 9:20 AM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to propose that the process for Incubator poddlings to make
> someone a new committer is simplified so that all that is needed are
> votes from poddling committers and that there is no longer any need
> for votes from Incubator PMC members or a separate Incubator PMC vote....

I like the idea but suggest requiring at least two +1 votes from the
podling's mentors (or incubator PMC members acting as temporary
substitute mentors in case of absence) instead of just PPMC members.

The rationale is to make sure mentors are following the action.

Also, I'd like to keep the notices to private@incubator.apache.org
when a new committer is voted in, with a reference to the vote results
thread.

-Bertrand