incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clarification about SGA versus CCLA
Date Sat, 27 Nov 2010 13:34:56 GMT
On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> Craig,
>
> Would you recommend that I edit the mentor page on the site with this
> clarification, or should we wait for more polyphony?

I tend to agree with Craig in this particular case, as HP owns the
code to Jena and it's HP employes, covered by a CCLA, who are going to
commit it.

In the general cases, incoming codebases are often collective works,
so I wouldn't say "a grant is not needed if committers are covered by
a CCLA". Best is probably to discuss here and/or on legal-discuss for
cases where people are not sure if a grant is needed.

-Bertrand