incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: FOO proposal and Clerezza
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 10:31:14 GMT

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 6:27 AM, Andreas Kuckartz <> wrote:
> I think that Clerezza and "Foo" can work together in one top-level project...

I think distinct collaborating projects will be more efficient.

> ...I have seen that the Jena project also decided "to take Jena into the
> incubator":

This is great news, thanks for mentioning it!

> Maybe the time is ripe for a united Apache Semantic Technologies project....

For several good reasons, the ASF is trying to stay away from
"umbrella" projects - witness several top-level projects being spawned
off Hadoop recently.

What we need IMO is distinct focused projects, and probably a
"semantic commons" project - or just a shared SVN area managed by one
of the semantic projects. That project is then free to give commit
access to that area to a larger set of committers.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message