incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mohammad Nour El-Din <nour.moham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Boot strapping Android projects @ Apache
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 15:32:17 GMT
+1 and I wanna join the task force fro this activity :).

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Marcel Offermans
<marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
> I was present at those discussions, and I very much like the idea. One other project
that already works on Android is Apache ACE (deploying software components to an Android based
application that uses Apache Felix plus the ACE management agent).

> Learning about more project that work on Android, and getting more Android projects at
Apache would be nice.

> Greetings, Marcel
>

> On 9 Nov 2010, at 16:13 , Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>
>> About a half dozen or so of us met up at ApacheCon after the lightning talks
>> to talk briefly about Android @ the ASF.
>>
>> The proposal is to create an android-interest@i.a.o (we also thought about
>> @labs, but the general consenus seemed to be the Incubator due to some of
>> the Labs' restrictions, which we think are good restrictions).
>>
>> We want to encourage others working on Android-related code to share
>> experience and existence with their fellow Committers.  For example, did you
>> know that Felix & Aries already work with Android?  What else does?  What
>> else should?  Etc.
>>
>> In other words, we want to provide a gathering point for all of the people
>> working in isolation -- to provide a meeting place for those intersted in
>> expanding Android-based activity at the ASF.  It is not so much an umbrella
>> as a vital nexus, and breeding ground for importing or creating projects,
>> which would then stand on their own.
>>
>>       --- Noel

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour