incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] real-time communications
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 08:48:26 GMT
On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 1:14 AM, Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 11/24/2010 3:58 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>>
>> But this is like if you are working in an office in front of a collegue :
>> most of the time, you don't chit-chat, you work. And when it comes to make a
>> decision impacting the whole project, then the discussion is moved to the
>> ML.
>

> In the Jena team, several committers work in one office, I am one of the
> ones who doesn't - moreover, I am an 8hr time shift away. The real-time
> comms of the office chit-chat is simply a fact of life. I guess clarity
> about what the risks are and how we should address them would be useful...

I think it just comes down to "everything must happen on the dev list"
and "make sure your project is open new people and outsiders".

As long as anything that has a significant impact on the project is
discussed/decided on the dev list, and people who cannot attend the
out-of-list discussions do not feel left out, I think you'll be fine.

-Bertrand