incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Poddling new committer process
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 23:53:51 GMT
Assuming that no one comes forward with a significant reason to
disallow this, I'd just request that you not call a VOTE until you
have an update to the incubator page that describes the process.

In other words, let's DISCUSS and then VOTE on the change to the
process page.

Craig

On Nov 12, 2010, at 12:20 AM, ant elder wrote:

> I'd like to propose that the process for Incubator poddlings to make
> someone a new committer is simplified so that all that is needed are
> votes from poddling committers and that there is no longer any need
> for votes from Incubator PMC members or a separate Incubator PMC vote.
>
> As justification, this is the process that was in place some years ago
> and it worked fine like that, there is the "experiment" currently in
> place with some poddlings doing this which seems to be working ok, and
> the board has said they're ok with it.
>
>   ...ant

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle