incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Clarification about SGA versus CCLA
Date Sat, 27 Nov 2010 04:34:50 GMT
Hi Benson,

I think of a CCLA as a combination of an SGA to cover the software
grant plus an acknowledgement that people in the company are going to
work on Apache projects, whether on their own time or company time.

So, if a CCLA is filed naming the software, a separate SGA is *not*
necessary.

Craig

On Nov 26, 2010, at 10:48 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> I can't find anything in [1] that states any conditions in which a
> CCLA won't do and an SGA is required instead.
>
> The Jena podling has asked me. Their situation is that an HP copyright
> is thought to cover all the 'corporate' code, and they wonder if there
> is any reason for them to chase an SGA on top of the CCLA that they
> will need anyhow.
>
> 1: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#initial-ip-clearance

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation