incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Accept Wave for incubation
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 14:21:20 GMT
On Nov 26, 2010, at 4:07 AM, Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fondermann@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't stop the proposal, though. This can be identified as an
> issue to be solved in Incubation - either by changing the name away
> from 'Wave' or by transferring marks or even by determining that none
> of both is required.

Yes. Traffic Server went through this same exercise, where transfer of existing marks were
done as part of our incubation process, and a requirement for graduation. I'm not saying any
of that will be required here, but I agree that if necessary it can be resolved in the PPMC
and IPMC. Pointing this out in the proposal would be good, if I recall we had an entire section
about trademark "issues" in our TS proposal.

I too am very excited to see this proposal, it's good for Apache, and hopefully a great way
for the Wave community to grow and continue to prosper.

Cheers,

-- leif