incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jeremy Carroll <jer...@topquadrant.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] real-time communications
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 00:14:39 GMT
On 11/24/2010 3:58 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> But this is like if you are working in an office in front of a
> collegue : most of the time, you don't chit-chat, you work. And when
> it comes to make a decision impacting the whole project, then the
> discussion is moved to the ML.

In the Jena team, several committers work in one office, I am one of the
ones who doesn't - moreover, I am an 8hr time shift away. The real-time
comms of the office chit-chat is simply a fact of life. I guess clarity
about what the risks are and how we should address them would be useful.
I don't think IRC or skype is much of a deal in comparison [that's a
technical comment about bandwidth, not a complaint about my colleagues'
behavior]

Jeremy