incubator-general mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [ISIS] Re: Conference call
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 14:52:13 GMT
On 11/22/2010 9:40 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Bad habits are hard to break, esp when done early... Comparing the
> behaviors of "TLP's in good standing" to new podlings seems
> disingenuous. I'm sure some seasoned automobile drivers drive
> with 1 hand on the wheel. Is that something you encourage or
> allow those with learner's permits to do?

Fair point, but I think it's also balanced by the fact that the very benefits
real-time can provide (including a greater sense of viscerally feeling who
people are) are the ones that a new community, or one growing beyond a
pre-existing insular group, often most needs.

Just like we advise healthy commits, votes, reports, etc, I think we can do a
good job of framing real-time as a tool that can be useful but shouldn't be
abused.

--Glen