incubator-general mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ISIS] Re: Conference call
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2010 23:51:38 GMT
On 11/19/10 11:52 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:41 PM, Siegfried Goeschl
> <siegfried.goeschl@it20one.at>  wrote:
>> ...if the ISIS developer/users/mentors/community decide to run a regular
>> Skype meeting to meet each other electronically assuming
>>
>> +) that the meeting is announced on the dev list
>>
>> +) that we not exclude any interested party (apart from troll feeding)
>>
>> +) that no official statement/vote is circumvented
>>
>> than I don't see any good reason why someone could complain about it and/or
>> impose rules how to organize such a "come together"....
> I agree that having such calls (or any other off-list
> discussion/event) with the conditions that you indicate is fine - I'd
> just add that anything important must be relayed to the dev list. I'm
> sure people who cannot attend the call will appreciate a short summary
> sent on the list.

I'll just warn you that such skype meetings every month simply don't
scale as soon as you have people in different TZ, and when most of the
people are participating on their free time.

Also it can be very frustrating for someone in Australia to have to wake
up at 7am in order to follow a meeting occurring at 5 pm in the USA and
at 1 am in europ...

I'm just trying to tell you what I have learned from a previous
experience... It might not fail for you, but at least, you know what are
the dangers you'll face :)

My 2cts...

--
Regards,