incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <andy.seabo...@epimorphics.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Accept Jena into the Incubator
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2010 20:59:34 GMT

On 13/11/10 02:23, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> On 11/12/2010 6:05 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:
>> CyberNeko and TagSoup both have acceptable licenses. Some people
>> prefer TagSoup because it does not require Xerces.
>>
>> Have you read http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html?
>
> No I hadn't. That is very useful.
>
> A first reaction, concerning the GRDDL dependencies, is:
> 1) BrowserLauncher needs to go - I will make the code changes
> 2) Saxon dependency is a B
> 3) Cyberneko is fine - Jena already has dependencies on Xerces

Cyberneko 1.9 is Apache License v2 (from the project page on SF).

GRDDL depends on an older v0.9 which has it's own license, if I
understand correctly.

Jeremy - you understand the issues and code here.  Is the text added to
the proposal OK and can we assume you will either resolve the legal
issue or modify the codebase of the GRDDL reader to amke it a non-issue.

	Andy