incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jeremy Carroll <jer...@topquadrant.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Accept Jena into the Incubator
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2010 02:23:36 GMT
> CyberNeko and TagSoup both have acceptable licenses. Some people
> prefer TagSoup because it does not require Xerces.
>
> Have you read http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html?

No I hadn't. That is very useful.

A first reaction, concerning the GRDDL dependencies, is:
1) BrowserLauncher needs to go - I will make the code changes
2) Saxon dependency is a B
3) Cyberneko is fine - Jena already has dependencies on Xerces

The question about whether Apache would like to rethink our earlier
legal advice to require click through license agreement before executing
untrusted code in a sandbox should probably go to legal-discuss@ mailing
list, - at what point in the process should I initiate that discussion?

Jeremy