incubator-general mailing list archives

From Paolo Castagna <castagna.li...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Accept Jena into the Incubator
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 19:51:54 GMT
Andy Seaborne wrote:

> On 12/11/10 08:40, Nick Kew wrote:
>>
>> On 8 Nov 2010, at 23:36, Ross Gardler wrote:
>>
>>> I am pleased to offer, for your consideration, the following proposal
>>> to accept Jena, a semantic web framework into the incubator. The text
>>> of the proposal is copied here for your convenience and can be found
>>> at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/JenaProposal
>>
>> Strong +1 in principle.  I'd offer to mentor, but I see you now have
>> plenty.
>>
>> One niggle: have you clarified somewhere that all the dependencies
>> licenses are Apache-compatible?  The openjena.org page referenced
>> relies on references that are broken links!
>
> Grr ... rotting links ...
>
> Where?  I'll fix them ASAP.  Checking:
>
> http://openjena.org/Licenses/index.html

Also (from the JenaProposal):

"The Jena GRDDL Reader has some additional dependencies:
http://jena.sourceforge.net/grddl/license.html"

BrowserLauncher2 could be removed in favor of a much simpler approach
(i.e. write it in a file!).

What other Apache projects do in a similar situation (i.e. you want
to warn the user about some potential security issues and therefore
you ask the user to actively agree, press a button, etc. to make sure
the user reads it (I know, I know...))?

Can someone comment/advise in relation to these two?

  - http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/MPL-1.0.html (i.e. Saxon)
  - http://jena.sourceforge.net/grddl/neko-LICENSE.txt (i.e. CyberNeko
    HTML Parser)

Thanks,