incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <andy.seabo...@epimorphics.com>
Subject Re: Clerezza, Stanbol, Jena, Semantic Commons, WDYT?
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 17:45:08 GMT

On 09/11/10 16:59, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> I could be accused of having gone overboard ...

yes ... :-)

> Having changed job and looking at this from a different perspective I am
> less convinced by the pickiness.

At least leave the picky mode there, please.  It's been very helpful in
working with data generated by one organisation and used by another.
Script generated IRIs have been

Once dubious data gets into a database, it's troublesome to get it out.
Having the data storage only cover the required spec common ground is
better.

TDB uses the IRI profile (not RDF URI references) as strict as possible
except that these two warnings are switched off:

ViolationCodes.UNWISE_CHARACTER
   It's the "|" that I found used in generated IRIs.

Whitespace is handled separately.
"<" ">" are syntax errors.

ViolationCodes.UNREGISTERED_IANA_SCHEME
   because people invent schemes for data.

I did find the most strict mode a bit too strict :-)

	Andy