incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ian Dickinson <...@epimorphics.com>
Subject Re: Clerezza, Stanbol, Jena, Semantic Commons, WDYT?
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 17:30:59 GMT
Hi Donald,

On 08/11/10 17:01, Donald Whytock wrote:
> Perhaps db.apache.org would be a better example?  Should there be a
> semantic.apache.org?
I looked around in db.apache.org and I couldn't see anything that said
what the goals of that project are, separate from the goals of the
individual sub-projects. Where should I be looking?

As others have noted, the three semantic web-related projects currently
being proposed have rather different objectives and provide different
capabilities. I personally don't object in principle to factoring out
common code or needs where that's useful, but +1 to Olivier: let's wait
until a clear requirement is identified.

Ian

Ian Dickinson                   Epimorphics Ltd, Bristol, UK
mailto:ian@epimorphics.com        http://www.epimorphics.com
cell: +44-7786-850536              landline: +44-1275-399069