incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Accept Wave for incubation
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 03:45:49 GMT

On Nov 23, 2010, at 6:06 PM, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 20:47, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> OK - Have they explicitly OK'd Apache Wave?  While Apache Wave would certainly be
unique to Apache, if Google intends to keep using Google Wave (and Wave as a shorthand) this
would get very confusing.

> Don't you think that by proposing Wave to the Incubator that Google
> has OK'd this?

I don't work for Google and don't know the people proposing this so no, I have no idea whether
Google has OK'd this.  This is no different than someone taking an Apache project out of the
Attic and starting it somewhere else using the same name without Apache on the front. IIRC
we don't allow that.  I don't think this is paranoia but just approaching this from the same
set of rules that we use for our own projects.

Ralph