incubator-general mailing list archives

From Fabian Christ <>
Subject Re: FOO proposal and Clerezza
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 14:12:24 GMT

Am Dienstag, den 02.11.2010, 08:17 +0100 schrieb Reto Bachmann-Gmuer:
> > IMO the best is to view Clerezza and FOO as sister projects, with
> lots
> > of exchanges between their communities and a sizable chunk of common
> > software components, but different end goals and audiences. This
> will
> > enable both projects to follow their own goals while finding
> > synergies.
> >
> With the recent development of Clerezza towards adding support for
> Social
> Web features alongside the semantic stack the target audience is
> clearly
> broader than traditional CMS vendors. Still, I don't think the target
> audiences are too distinct and looking at the current FOO code I think
> there's quite some duplication and that a lot could be simplified by
> using
> the pattern supported by Clerezza.

I think Clerezza is a very fruitful basis for FOO and it is used as
such. In this sense, the FOO community should carefully work together
with the Clerezza community and support (move code) to Clerezza if it is
more common Clerezza stuff than FOO specific.

But FOO clearly has a focus on a) CMS vendors and b) knowledge
interaction as FOO has its roots in the IKS project. Unfortunately, the
knowledge interaction is not that much visible in the current state of
the implementation but this will change in the future. So I would agree
with Bertrand and see FOO and Clerezza as sister projects.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message