incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Release guidelines for python and php libraries?
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 10:51:34 GMT
On Thu, 7 Oct 2010, Paul Querna wrote:
> Things to look at...
>
> release.sh: this invokes setup.py to build out source tarballs and
> then uses the hash/sign script to make the gpg/asc/sha1/md5s:
> <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/libcloud/tags/0.4.0/dist/release.sh>
>
> setup.py: contains lots of metadata about the project, where it is,
> license, etc:
> <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/libcloud/tags/0.4.0/setup.py>

Thanks for the tips. We already had a setup.py, but no handy release
signing script, so I've pinched the latter

One thing that had worried me was that if you built a python egg, it
didn't seem to have most of the license details in it. I see that you only
do the zip and tar builds, which do, so I guess we'll follow your lead and
skip out eggs.

Thanks
Nick