incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Fast Feather Track at ApacheCon - submit your talk now!
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 21:54:09 GMT
Hi All

We've under a month to go now to Atlanta, and hopefully you've all registered
and are all looking forward to a great week?

Other than our packed schedule of talks, our growing list of meetups (see
Shane's email from Friday for more details on hosting your own), what could be
more exciting than your Next Big Thing? Well, that's where the Fast Feather
Track comes in!

The Fast Feather Track provides space for the projects that are just too
new or fast-moving to fit in to the normal CFP. It's especially a great
slot for new incubator projects to talk about what they're up to, or share
their passion for some new technology out there. So, this is your chance
of twenty minutes of fame for your incubating project :)

The Fast Feather Track is all about the technology - so whether you're a
novice or a natural at public speaking, there's room for you! Anything new
at The Apache Software Foundation belongs here, along with new external
technologies that can help us work better. Whether you're ready for
showtime and want the world to know, or you're still finding your feet,
and just fishing for a few new contributors / mentors, this is the slot
for you!

What we're after now is people to tell us what they want to talk about.
We've got a room for a day, and a big empty schedule board with 20 minute
slots on it, so now all we need is some talks to fill it with... We're
aiming to fix most of the schedule now, but we'll probably keep a few
slots spare for some last minute talks. But if you've already got your
ticket, and you know what you want to talk about, please let us know now,
so we can make sure there's space for everyone.

To submit your talk, please head over to google docs and tell us about yourself
and your talk:
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dElobGxibG1oc05OeFNqRFZ1S0tpLVE6MQ>

We'll see you, your projects, and your great short talks in Atlanta!

Nick

(NB Speaking in the Fast Feather Track does not entitle you to the full
range of speaker perks - you'll get a shiny badge, and your bio in the
program, but you won't get your travel, room or registration comped.
Doesn't make it any less fun though, we promise!)