incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Podling to use native git
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 21:48:18 GMT
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:

> I do branches all the time in Subversion, and don't see problems. We
> periodically update the branch from trunk, and when the work is done,
> merge the branch back onto trunk. These are straight-forward
> operations, so I don't understand where your pain point is.
>
> If you could explain a bit, then that would be helpful.

Just out of curiosity: If you pull in changes from the trunk to the
branch, how do you merge the branch later on? I'd consider the changes
a problem that have been done in both branches. (Unlike git, which
"knows" about these simultaneous changes.)

Thanks,

Jochen

--
I Am What I Am And That's All What I Yam (Popeye)