incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Blogging about a project in voting status
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 12:02:02 GMT
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 2:16 AM, msacks <ntwrkd@gmail.com> wrote:
> One more question, I read somewhere in the PMC rules that while a
> project is being voted on, you are not allowed to promote it in blogs,
> etc. Is this correct?

Not sure where you read that.

What would be wrong, for example, is marketing a project as an Apache
foundation project without mentioning that it is in incubation - as
incubation can fail and cause the project to go away.

No one can prevent you from blogging true facts based on public
information - you can write anything you want but you should mention
the status of the project IMO.

> Is the rule that once it is accepted as a podling  you can start
> writing and discussing the project once again?

Sure - if your project's vote has been tallied as accepted, it's a
true fact that it's now a project in incubation, even if the
infrastructure has not been created yet.

-Bertrand