incubator-general mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java package names
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 20:28:14 GMT
>From the mentor standpoint, what's important to me is that there is no
ASF requirement to change those packages. The community can decide to
do it sooner, later, or not at all. The community can decide to make a
slew of compatibility wrappers. The community, most importantly, can
push toward a release with whatever naming it can reach a consensus
on.

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Christopher Dolan
<christopher.dolan@avid.com> wrote:
> I vote against such an incompatible change.  There are a lot of classes under there,
for example com.sun.jini.thread.TaskManager, that are utility code employed by downstream
developers.  I think all new code should go elsewhere if possible, but changing the existing
com.sun.jini packages would be hard on existing users.