incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Podling to use native git
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 21:44:12 GMT
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 04:45, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
>> > I think it's really worse, as branches aren't maintained
>> > anymore in the apache svn area,
>
> yes, and anyone ever asked yourself _why_ this happens?
> The answer imo is: because its _sooo_ painful to do feature branches in SVN (and merge
them back).

Why is it painful?

I do branches all the time in Subversion, and don't see problems. We
periodically update the branch from trunk, and when the work is done,
merge the branch back onto trunk. These are straight-forward
operations, so I don't understand where your pain point is.

If you could explain a bit, then that would be helpful.

Thanks,
-g